Oracle Announces Support for the White House's Green Button Initiative to Help Utilities Advance Smart Grid Adoption
• Oracle announced its support for the Green Button Initiative, a voluntary effort by utilities across the country, in response to a challenge by the White House, to empower utility customers with secure access to their own energy usage data.
• The Green Button Initiative enables consumers to easily access their energy usage data in a standard file format and, if they choose, share their data with trusted third parties who are developing applications and tools that help manage energy usage. Improved access to energy usage data can help consumers make more informed decisions and promote conservation.
• Two of California’s largest utilities have already implemented the Green Button Initiative and also use Oracle Utilities solutions to meet their business needs.
• Oracle Utilities provides solutions to hundreds of utilities across the United States. These solutions include Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing, Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management, Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway and Oracle Utilities Customer Self Service and more.
• As U.S. Secretary of Energy Steven Chu has said, “Providing consumers with easy access to data on their energy consumption can help give them the tools they need to make informed decisions about their energy use. Developing applications and services to help consumers understand and control their energy use is a field ripe for American innovation.”
• “Today, Utilities have a major focus on enhancing their customer service experience,” said Linda Jackman, Group Vice President, Oracle Utilities. “The Green Button Initiative gives customers access to their energy usage data online, in a user-friendly, standard format, encouraging awareness of energy consumption as well as empowering consumers to be more energy efficient. Encouraging the value of smart grid initiatives is a primary focus for Oracle and we’re committed to supporting utilities that participate in the Green Button Initiative.”
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities. About Oracle
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.